This contributed post is for informational purposes only. Please consult a business, financial and legal professional before making any decisions. We may earn money or products from the affiliate links in this post.
Today, most traditional personal budgeting systems (if not all) use an accounting method normally referred to as zero-based budgeting. What you’re learning about here is MoneySlinger’s unique mean-based budgeting system, and how MoneySlinger changes the rules of money management in your favor.
At the core of zero-based budgeting systems, while computerized today and adorned with a lot more eye candy, are the same rudimentary accounting principles that stay the “accounting” tradition of, well, bean counting.
Put another way, zero-based budgeting methods get the job done alright, but they require you to keep your focus (and continuous effort) on managing all your trees, while in contrast, MoneySlinger will teach you how to focus on and manage the forest instead. The difference? If done right, the bird’s eye view and control you can achieve over your cash flow using MoneySlinger, will allow you to manage your forest with the snap of your fingers (well, three snaps actually).
So if you’re not satisfied with your current personal budgeting system, or you’ve tried and failed at money management as an individual or as a family in the past, you may want to take a look at a whole new approach to personal budgeting and money management.
We asked Lee …
1. Lee, can you take us through your career leading up to creating MoneySlinger?
2. What lead to you creating The B Word, which would eventually become MoneySlinger?
3. Tell us about MoneySlinger. How does it all work?
4. What sets MoneySlinger apart from other programs like Mint.com for instance?
5. What kind of user feedback and media coverage have you received?
6. In doing some research on MoneySlinger, I saw your Dec. 20, 2011 blog post talking about personal budgeting and living beyond your “mean.” Could you walk us through what your message is with that article?
7. How can listeners get in contact with you and learn more about MoneySlinger?
Make sure to pick up your copy of Entrepreneur Intervention: Triumphs & Failures of Entrepreneurs today. Let these 28 individuals share their trials and tribulations with you as they embarked on starting and growing their own companies. It is available on Amazon in paperback and for your Kindle, Nook, iPad, or Sony Reader.