On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM EST (2:30 PM Pacific), Financial Bin‘s David Domzalski spoke with Shel Israel, author of Stellar Presentations: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Giving Great Talks.
Israel also co-authored Naked Conversations with Robert Scoble. He runs a site called GlobalNeighbourhoods.net, which is counted among the best business blogs in the world, and is the CEO of SI Associates, a firm focused on business consulting and speaking engagements. He founded and ran a PR agency called SIPR for 17 years, which catered to Silicon Valley startups.
Follow him on Twitter @ShelIsrael.
Questions for Shel —
1. Tell us a little about yourself. What’s your background?
2. Can you tell us a little about the PR agency you ran for 17 years that focused on startups in Silicon Valley? What made that company successful?
3. Why did you write Stellar Presentations? What’s your goal for the book?
4. What are some of the common mistakes that startup CEOs make in presentations? What would you say?
5. What did you learn from writing this book?
6. What else are you doing today — besides being an author?
7. What are two or three tips you can pass on to members of Gen Y who may apprehensive about making that first pitch or presentation?
8. How can listeners get in contact with you and buy the book?
Make sure to pick up your copy of Entrepreneur Intervention: Triumphs & Failures of Entrepreneurs today. Let these 28 individuals share their trials and tribulations with you as they embarked on starting and growing their own companies. It is available on Amazon in paperback and for your Kindle, Nook, iPad, or Sony Reader.