This contributed post is for informational purposes only. Please consult a business, financial and legal professional before making any decisions. We may earn money or products from the affiliate links in this post.
About Big Door: Founded in June 2009 by Keith Smith and Jeff Malek, BigDoor is a Seattle-based startup dedicated to making the online world more rewarding by providing gamification technology to non-gaming websites.
BigDoor’s goal is to provide the means for an overall healthier and happier internet ecosystem. This means more enjoyable and relevant time online for users, and more creative revenue opportunities for businesses. When employed skillfully, gamification builds a strong bridge between user desires and business objectives, making the internet a more desirable and valuable place for everyone.
BigDoor is accomplishing this goal by developing a virtual economy platform that helps web developers and digital publishers add customized game mechanics to their sites or apps, thus allowing them to increase user loyalty, better monetize user interactions, and more effectively target new and existing customers.
We asked Carrie …
1. Can you give the listeners a brief description of what you did prior to your current position with Big Door?
2. What lead you to becoming the VP of Marketing at Big Door?
3. Tell us about the company. How was it all founded? How does it all work?
4. As VP of Marketing, can you tell us a little about what you do to get the Big Door name out there? What has worked and what has not worked?
5. How is gamification or game mechanics transforming how businesses interact with their customers?
6. Can you tell us about some of Big Door’s clients and the work done for them? I noticed some big names there like Major League Baseball and Dell.
7. What are Big Door’s plans for 2012?
8. The Financial Bin focuses on personal finance and entrepreneurship for Gen Y. For those listening out there trying to start a business who might be stuck in terms of marketing, what is one piece of advice you can offer them and how can Big Door help?
9. How can people can in touch with you and Big Door?
Make sure to pick up your copy of Entrepreneur Intervention: Triumphs & Failures of Entrepreneurs today. Let these 28 individuals share their trials and tribulations with you as they embarked on starting and growing their own companies. It is available on Amazon in paperback and for your Kindle, Nook, iPad, or Sony Reader.